Friday, August 16, 2013

Oh Boy!


Well, the theatre is an unpredictable animal and sometimes things change on a dime!  Just as I was announcing my participation in "Bless You All!" with Unsung Musicals Co., I received an offer to come in as a last minute replacement in the role of 'Hi-Pockets' Duncan in "Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story."  This will be a joint production between Gateway Playhouse in Bellport, NY and Ogunquit Playhouse in Maine, and will be directed by DJ Salisbury.

'Hi-Pockets' was Buddy Holly's first manager, a Texas D.J. who discovered Buddy and helped him find his first record deal with Decca.  "Buddy" is one of the most successful shows in West End theatre history and has proven enormously popular in the U.S.  It was so successful at Ogunquit the last time it was presented there, this will be an encore engagement.  I am delighted to return to Ogunquit, having starred in the exceptionally wonderful "La Cage Aux Folles" there in 2007 for the theatre's Diamond Jubilee.

I will post news and reviews from "Buddy"over the next couple months!  As of this writing, I have three days to pack up my luggage, tra la la, and get ready to dive into a new part.  That's show biz.

No comments:

Post a Comment