Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Butler(s) Did It!

Despite having been (happily) ensconced in Florida during February and March--prime summer theatre audition season--I am happy to say I have already landed two shows at a brand new theatre for me, Music Theatre of Wichita.  I am always thrilled to break in at a new venue, and in this case, it will be to revisit one of my favorite parts, and to take on one I've yet to do.




Cookie Redux!

As Cookie, at Ogunquit Playhouse 2015
I am thrilled that my "Nice Work If You Can Get It" director and choreographer, Larry Raben and Peggy Hickey, have invited me to reprise my part of bootlegger-turned-butler Cookie McGee.  We had such a wonderful success with the show at The Gateway and Ogunquit Playhouse last summer, and although I will miss playing with my dear Sally Struthers, and will be paired with a new Duchess, I can't wait to do Cookie again.  I am also delighted to share that I WON the Independent Reviewers of New England's IRNE Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Musical for "Nice Work!" One of six nominations our production was honored with.  I  attended the ceremony in Boston on April 11 and was proud to represent the great work done by all in this fabulous show at Gateway and Ogunquit.  Take a peek at the b-roll from last year's show!  I know this remounting in Wichita will be just as wonderful.



Tale as Old as Time...

Music Theatre of Wichita's Artistic Director Wayne Bryan has cast me as another butler, the crusty old worrywart, Cogsworth, in his production of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" which will follow immediately after "Nice Work."  I am rather tickled that I get to play two such very different butler characters back to back and to do my very first Disney musical.  I saw the show on Broadway and am looking forward to what I am sure will be a beautiful production at MTW.  Learning how to act in a clock costume will be its own special challenge!!  Stay tuned.

So, the season is starting to take shape, but of course I am doing the hustle of auditions here in the city now that I am back and am hoping to fill out my schedule with even more fantastic work in the months ahead.  If you find yourself in Wichita, come see me buttle!  


No comments:

Post a Comment